How the NHS uses your information
Confidential information from your medical records can be used by the NHS to improve the services offered so we can provide the best possible care for everyone.
The information along with your postcode and NHS number but not your name, are sent to a secure system where it can be linked with other health information.
This allows those planning NHS services or carrying out medical research to use information from different parts of the NHS in a way which does not identify you.
You have a choice. If you are happy for your information to be used in this way you do not have to do anything.
If you have any concerns or wish to prevent this from happening, please speak to practice staff or ask at reception for a copy of the leaflet ”How information about you helps us to provide better care.”
Practices are required under the PMS contract, to allocate a named, accountable GP to all patients, including children who will have overall responsibility for the care and support that our surgery provides to you. All new patients registering will be informed about their named GP at registration. Please ask the reception staff, who your named, accountable GP is. Should you express a wish for this to be changed to another GP we will do our best to accomodate your wishes. Having an allocated GP does not prevent you seeing any other doctor in the practice.
All GP practices are required to declare the mean earnings (e.g. average pay) for GPs working to deliver NHS services to patients at each practice.
The average pay for GPs working in New Cross Health Centre in the last financial year was £19,167.00 before tax and National Insurance. This is 6 part time GPs and 1 locum GP who worked in the practice for more than six months.
- Dr Jessica Parsons (F): (Lead GP) BSc, MBChB Qualified 2008
- Dr Anna Hebden (F): BSc, MBBS, MRCGP, DFFP, DRCOG, DTM&H (Tuesday Evening Only)
- Dr James Hill (M): MD, LMSSA, LRCS, LRCP, MRCGP, DFFP, DRCOG
- Elaine McBrearty is happy to speak to you about your health problem. She carries out all routine nursing duties. this includes contraception (including emergency), cervical smears, sexual health checks, dressings, life style management and minor ailment treatment. She also runs asthma, diabetes and blood pressure clinics and undertakes travel immunisation and travel health advice.
- Routine/follow up appointments for the Practice nurse can be made by telephoning or coming into the surgery.
- Health Care Assistant: Katie Wild carries out Blood tests, new patient health checks, ECGs and Spirometry. By appointment ONLY.
- Practice Manager: Mrs Mary Mosey - is available to discuss any queries about the running of the Practice and general services within it.
- Receptionist: The receptionists are here to help you make an appointment, take requests for visits, pass messages to the Doctors and Nurses and answer general but not medical queries.
- Admin Team: Administrative staff are here to provide administrative support to the Practice Team and maintain the practice computer database.
- Attached Staff: Counselling / Clinical Psychology Service For referral to this service please make an appointment with one of the doctors'